The Executive Director provides essential leadership in advancing the organization's strategic direction, workplace culture, and stakeholder relationships. This position is entrusted with the fulfillment of the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the organization, and is the lead staff person for organizational governance. Further, this role is the key and leading role for the business of the organization, and involves planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and administering all of Habitat for Humanity San Gorgonio Pass Area’s operations. Benefits not included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- This high-profile position requires a dynamic, adaptive, and resourceful leader who can manage multiple businesses under one roof, including land development, general construction of single and multi-family homes and mortgage lending services.
- Advancing the Strategic Direction & Workplace Culture
- Philanthropic Cultivation and Stewardship
- Community Relations
- Financial Integrity
- Strategic Planning
- Fundraising/Event Planning
- Grant Writing & Management
- Risk Mitigation
- Board Relationship and Collaboration
- Supervision of your Team – Staff and Committees
- Day to day office oversight and operations
- Additional duties as required
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A degree in business, non-profit management and/or equivalent experience, as well as 3 – 5 years of professional work experience in a leadership role, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Ability to inspire and motivate people within the organization and the community
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills & Quickbooks knowledge
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to obtain Safe Act Certification
- Valid California Driver’s license and insurability
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to sit/stand for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Office setting - The work location is based in our main office in Beaumont, CA, with frequent local travel and occasional distant travel required.
- Background Check Required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Please email resumes to: Hfhsgpa@habitatsgpa.org. Resumes must be submitted by February 8th, 2021.